- Implementation & Deadline
- Rating Tool
- Building Types & Sizes
- Additional Information
- ECO Zero Auditing Partners
- Other Resources
Bill Number 120428-A
Implementation & Deadline
Annual Reporting Deadline: June 30
Portfolio Manager, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Buyers, Lessees, Public website, Government
Building Types & Sizes
Any commercial building with indoor floor space of 50,000 square feet or more.
All commercial portions of any mixed-use building where a total of at least 50,000 square feet of indoor floor space is devoted to any commercial use.
Violations shall be subject to a fine of $300 for failure to comply during the first 30 days. Each day that the failure to comply persists following the initial 30 days shall constitute a separate violation, subject to a fine of $100 per day.
Benchmarking shall not be required for a Covered Building where any of the following apply.
- In any calendar year, benchmarking shall not be required for that year where more than 50% of the indoor floor space is unoccupied for more than 180 days in total.
- The Mayor’s Office of Sustainability finds, upon application by an owner, that benchmarking or disclosure would cause exceptional hardship or would not be in the public interest. An exemption under this subsection shall be for such period as the Mayor’s Office of Sustainability establishes based on the evidence presented by the owner.
- Buildings primarily used for manufacturing or other industrial purposes for which benchmarking results would not meaningfully reflect building energy use characteristics due to the intensive use of process energy. “Process energy” refers to energy used in the actual manufacturing, production, or processing of a good, commodity, or other material.
ECO Zero Auditing Partners
ECO Zero is actively soliciting auditing partners in the Philadelphia area. Please check back here for names of auditors and companies who can provide benchmarking services using our site.
Other resources will be uploaded as they become available.